Is your septic system having problems? Here are a few common signs of a system failure:
- Drain Field Issues – When you start to notice standing water or a black liquid that smells awful around the drain field area, you are most likely having a septic system problem. It is essential to know where your drain field is located to ensure that everything is working correctly.
- Plumbing Problems – There are a variety of plumbing issues that could be the sign of septic system failure. These issues include gurgling sounds, slow draining sinks and toilets, rising water, and sewage backups. As soon as you notice the problems, you should contact a professional like us.
- Bad Odors – When you start to notice a strong sewage smell coming from inside or outside of your septic tank, it is possible that there is a failure. This smell comes from the gasses released as your bacteria breaks down the waste in your system.
From new tank installations to drain field care, the team at Mid Florida Septic Services is prepared to assist you. We offer septic services in Leesburg, FL, as well as Ocoee, Mount Dora, Winter Garden, and Apopka. Let us know when you are having a problem and we will come to your location to help.
Using too much water can cause damage to your septic tank. Through just a few simple water conversation techniques, you can extend the life of your tank for many years. Here are a few tips you should consider:
- Take Short Showers – Everyone loves a warm, relaxing shower first thing in the morning. If you like taking long showers, you should reconsider! By taking quick five- to ten-minute shower, you can reduce your water consumption by about 10 to 25 gallons.
- Invest in Low-Flow Fixtures – There are many efficient low-flow fixtures available that will stop you from consuming too much water. You can get new showerheads, toilets, and water faucets, as well as efficient washing machines and dishwashers.
- Look for Leaks – A leaky toilet or water faucet may seem like a small problem, but they can add as much as ten extra gallons of water to your septic system every day. You should fix these leaks the moment you notice them, as well as attend to any leaky pipes you may find in your home.
Another great way to extend the life of your septic tank is to stay on top of maintenance. Mid Florida Septic Services, your source for septic services in Leesburg, FL, as well as the surrounding cities, is able to help you maintain and improve your septic tank.
Do you consider what you put down your drain? Here is some useful info for people who own homes with septic tanks:
- Limit Cleaner Use – As you know, many household cleaners are used to kill bacteria. When you use too many cleaners in your system, you could be causing problems that may prevent your septic tank from working properly. Consider switching over to natural cleaners and try to never put household cleaners directly down the drain.
- Stop Using Drain Cleaners – A clog in your drains can stop your system from working, but it is vital that you do not use any drain cleaners. Not only do they affect the bacteria in your septic tank, but they can also destroy the pipes in your home. You should turn to a professional plumber when you have a drain problem.
- Never Use Additives – Septic tank additives may be marketed to improve your septic system, but the reality of these products is that they are not regulated and could destroy your tank. As long as you keep up with the pumping process, you should never have to use additives.
Turn to the team at Mid Florida Septic Services for assistance with your septic tank in Central Florida. We can help you when you need a septic services in Leesburg, FL, as well as the surrounding areas.